Pages

Friday 14 May 2010

Final Journal Map

After experimenting with many different prototypes, I decided on this for my journal 'map'
I wanted to get across my personality as a designer, but also create a useful navigational device to help de-code my journal. The map runs from left to right in chronological order with each of my projects being the central thread. Above and below the project title you can see my influences. These are organised into the following categories; Artists/designers/creative, exhibitions, Lectures, Miscellaneous.
Hopefully the map shows that my influences for each project also affect my year as a whole, as there are many intertwining connections throughout. My journal was bound, with a grey card wrap and embossed belly band. The map lined the inside of the wrap,and the journal could be completely lifted out to allow the user to simultaneously read the map and journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment